Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Trend Alert - water coloring is FUN

"I'm just not artistic." This is my favorite thing to hear when working with a new stamper, because I totally believe this same lie.

I am not artistic. No one ever taught me how to use the hidden talents God gave me. I might have 20 sets of water color paints but no idea what to do with them. You too? Those strips of dried up lumps of color and a brush. . . what the heck am I supposed to do with them?

But water coloring is coming into the stamping world, and in a BIG way. It is POPULAR! and it is FUN! So I took a twirl around YouTube and learned a few techniques. And made a bunch of cards. The best thing about it is that there is no wrong way, every card will be different and that is OK. Yea!

Now that I'm a grown-up and no one is grading me on my work, I can do the things that are fun and I don't have to worry about what other people think. So the fact that I'm not artistic is fading away and I'm learning to enjoy the process and stop listening to the negative statements in my head and just go and have fun! You should try it!

I'm offering a class Thursday April 29 at 7 pm for just $20 to try Water Coloring and stamping together. We will make at least 4 cards, probably more, because it is just so dang fun. Leave me message or give me a call if you would like to come over and try it. If this date doesn't work for you, I would love to schedule a class that does!

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment