Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Super duper fab wedding card

Because I am the stamping teacher, my friends have high expectations from me when they ask me to make a card. We recently went in together and bought a "group" gift for a lucky couple who will be getting married soon.

Stampin' Up! makes it easy to pull together a beautiful card! Shown here, I took a panel of the new Silver embossed Vellum layered over Basic Gray card stock over Smoky Slate as the card base. I die cut a couple leaf sprigs  from silver glimmer paper and stamped in smoky slate. The highlight on this card are the roses which are die cut on the Big Shot using the Spiral Die in the Celebrate catalog.

Now I don't want you to panic, but I had some pearl beads in my drawer that aren't from Stampin' Up! I don't know where they came from but they are absolutely perfect for the center of these flowers! Just drop some glue down inside and push the bead in. Perfect!

But now the card is not going into any regular envelope, so pull out the Envelope Punch Board. There are lots of YouTube videos available for making a boxy envelope. Just start with a 9 x 9" square of cardstock or DSP and follow the video instructions. Then I added a whole bunch of flowers from the Petite Petals punch.

Definitely a show-stopper card! But surprisingly easy to pull together. Leave me a comment and we can schedule a time to get together and make a stash of these for you to impress your friends!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment