Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Necessary but hard to find inspiration

We find that sympathy cards are part of the ebb and flow of our lives, we definitely need to send a note when a friend loses a loved one. But I find them very difficult to create. And sometimes I see a bright flashy card on someone's blog and then notice that the sentiment is "with sympathy" and it is such a shock, the happy bright card just doesn't match the sentiment.

When I noticed the set of pre-printed notecards in the new Stampin' Up! catalog I thought they would be perfect! They are a little smaller, they are water color paper, so just off white, and the pre-printed patterns are soft and muted and beautiful.  I added a die-cut from the Apothecary Art stamp set  and Loving Thoughts sentiment, then a little coloring on the flowers. With a dash of ribbon, I was all done and I had one card done for the friend who needs a note right now, and I have one ready for next time.

Sale-a-Bration is in full swing right now, with a great selection of FREE gifts for every shopper or a lovely bonus of $30 free merchandise for a qualifying hostess or a big bump in the demonstrator kit for new demonstrators. Leave me a comment or give me a ring or an email for more info!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen


No comments:

Post a Comment