Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Holiday Shoebox Swap day 6

 Laura brought us this CAS (clean and simple) design. I've known Laura since I first became a demonstrator, she had joined Stampin' Up! just before me. She has a full-time job, so our opportunities to craft are limited. So, I am always thrilled when she joins us for the swap.

This pretty card has a very unique layout, but it is so pretty and I love the pop of red on the silver/blue card.  We laughed about the fact that the card is made without using the Big Shot! But then those circles on the red panel are dry embossed, so it isn't completely Big Shot free. LOL Great use of the rhinestones playing off of the white starbursts in the grey DSP.

Lois brought this gorgeous traditional Santa card. This swap was the first time Lois joined us, although she has been a demonstrator for a long time!  There are lots of Big Shot elements here! The silver glimmer paper and focal panel are cut using framelits and the Crumb Cake panel is dry embossed. I love the chevron ribbon, it ties in perfectly with the diaginal stripe DSP. I hope Lois will join us every time we swap!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen


3 comments:

  1. Dee, thanks for the compliment on my card... the Pure Poppy strip is actually DSP from the In-Color designer paper stack (I still had some left over from when it retired last year)... looks very 3D in your picture though, but still no big shot required!
    Thanks again for hosting the shoebox every year, I'm always happy when my schedule allows me to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee for your kind comments on my card. Enjoyed participating in your shoebox. Let me know when you have your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dee for your kind comments on my card. Enjoyed participating. Great cards! Let me know when you have your next one.
    Lois (anonymous comment is mine)

    ReplyDelete