Saturday, November 30, 2013

Double duty snowman card

 I used this card design for two events, I had a really busy mid-November and decided to use this cheerful snowman for two swaps.  The ladies who attended my Holiday Shoebox Swap got to make this card, then my side-line demonstrators also got to make it, with an added element on the inside.

Unfortunately, with so many people handling the card, it looks like Mr Snow took a head dive into the Early Espresso ink pad right across his gut! Oh well, nobody's perfect!

The theme for the swap with my sidelines was "Interesting Insides." So I designed a dangling sentiment. The MERRY and snowflake were die cut on the Big Shot. Then I used liquid glue to adhere the sentiment to a length of twine. Can you see the teeny hole in the Whisper White panel? I threaded the twine through the panel and taped it securely in back and repeated on the panel on the opposite side. The panels are adhered to the card base with  just enough twine to cause tension and not quite enough to allow the card to open fully. So the card stands nicely and displays the sentiment prominently. It's pretty cool! Come on over and I'll teach you the trick.

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen


No comments:

Post a Comment