Saturday, October 26, 2013

Creepy burnished glitter for Halloween

Do you send any Halloween cards? I just love the switch from bright summer colors to the autumn hues, so Halloween is a great reason to make some cards!

The sparkly pumpkin here is a new technique, to me.  Burnished glitter, and it was kind of fun!

I used an adhesive sheet and Pumpkin Pie cardstock, punched with an oval. I removed the adhesive protective backing, layered the pumpkins and then doused them with fine orange glitter.

Then you just use your finger to burnish the glitter flat. Keep rubbing the glitter down into the adhesive and making it flat. It keeps the glitter from shedding off your project, makes the pumpkins more shiny than glittery and it is more subtle, like the Fall colors.

And the branch from Serene Silhouettes stamped in Crumbcake and Black, just enough of a creepy Halloween feeling! I had a great time experimenting with this technique. Let me know if you want to give it a try!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment