Saturday, June 29, 2013

Wheeling along!

Rolling right along, using a wheel for the first time in ages! We have so many options when creating a card: dry embossing, DSP, stamping, stamp & Emboss, watercoloring/coloring. . . the wheels seem to collect dust and don't get much love.

I sorted through all my wheels for the first time in years, and found that I have only 3 that are still current, and all where assigned to us at Stampin' Up! events. But they are great for quick, beautiful backgrounds! I went with color-on-color to simply give this very dark blue some interest. One pass with the wheel and trim the edge with a framelit on the Big Shot. Then I went a bit crazy with the tiny pearls.

Add a beautiful sentiment, already has some swirls and a frame, over a die cut label, add a bit of ribbon and we are all set!  This would be a great design for making multiples or taking to a shoebox swap: not too many steps or supplies.

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment