Sunday, June 2, 2013

Double Vision

I am trying to come up with the perfect card to make in large quantity. Stampin' Up! convention is mid-July and I love to have a beautiful card to share at swaps and shoebox swaps, but a beautiful card that can be reproduced in large quantity is challenging!

I made a few of these and I like it very much, but the bow is held on with a glue dot. This is fine if I am creating the card to give with a gift or even to pop in the mail, because this seam binding ribbon is very thin and not too bulky for mailing.

But when we are at convention, we have hundreds of cards all shifting around in our box or bag or luggage, and that glue dot is just not going to do the job. So I went with the less pretty, simple ribbon knot. It's OK, but not the same. Also, I left the ends extra long because these swaps tend to get beat-up and this will let the recipient repair the fraying when she gets home.

What do you think? I like that the honeycomb embossing is only at the bottom, the silver sparkle dazzling details gives a bit of bling without bulk, and the framelits make it easy to cut tons of detailed flowers from the Secret Garden stamp set.

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen


No comments:

Post a Comment