Monday, April 1, 2013

Turn down the contrast

There is no doubt, this butterfly stamp is gorgeous. Detailed, big and beautiful. But it is a new kind of stamping and I haven't quite figured out the design rules. My card looks thrown together, like the contrast of blue/black with the very vanilla is just too much contrast. Maybe if I had brayered some matching blue ink over the sentiment? A light coat of color to tone down the contrast?  Back to the drawing board. But the butterfly is gorgeous and deserves to be showcased, I'll figure it out and I'll share.

Starting tomorrow, we will see all the cards that were made at the Spring Shoebox Swap. Watch for the parade of cards and be ready to win a blog giveaway. All comments will be entered in a drawing for one of the door prizes left over from the Shoebox Swap. You have to comment to win, so tune in regularly over the next two weeks!

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment