Friday, April 12, 2013

Spring Shoebox Swap #9 & 10

 Ready for an interesting technique? Kathy shared a messy FUN technique on this gorgeous butterfly card. Each stamper at the Spring Shoebox Swap event was provided with a panel of Crumb Cake card stock that is embossed: wood grain, flowers, or various designs. We then inked up the Swallowtail stamp -- a beautifully detailed oversize stamp -- and stamped the embossed panel. If you were patient, the ink would dry. If you were impatient, the ink got all over your hands. If you were impatient and resourceful, you could flip your card onto the placemat and blot the ink off. Since I was one of the last people to make this card, I learned the blotting trick and kept my hands clean! Whoo hoo, a gorgeous card and clean hands!!!

Kelly brought us this beautiful Mother's Day card. I am so glad to be all ready for this holiday. She has beautiful details taking this lovely card up into the fabulous strata. Notice the layers on the scalloped circle, color-on-color on the scallops, a layer of dotted circle and a top layer of the Rich Razzleberry emblem. Over on the right is a slim scallop border and highlighting the white panel is a border of paper-piercing. These details take a card from lovely to fabulous and I am so glad Kelly shared this design with us. (I think some of the thanks may go to Laura, Kelly's sister and one of my stamping buddies.)

Even though my Mom attended the shoebox swap, I think she will still be happy to get such a pretty card.

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen


No comments:

Post a Comment