Sunday, February 10, 2013

5 reasons to rip up that 40% coupon


 Why not use a coupon at the retail store? Could Stampin' Up! products be worth full price when I can save as much as 40% at the big box store.

1. Ask that stock clerk to explain how the little green machine works, compared to the Big Shot. I'm sure she has hours of experience on both machines and can help you with your purchase decision. Not.

2. Find perfectly matching card stock and ink, so your project materials match, instead of looking sort of close -- all of Stampin' Up! colors are perfect matches: ink, card stock, ribbon, brads, DSP.

3. Create your card perfectly, the first time, with no wasted product from trying to figure out a technique. This beautiful gatefold card has a lovely Daydream Medallion image stamped across the opening. Would you have thought to hold the gatefold closed with a post-it note? If you don't, the flaps don't lay flat, and your image will not be perfect on the first try. That's just a little hint from me.

4. Discover stamp sets that coordinate perfectly with Framelit dies, circle shapes match circle shapes, medallions match medallions, canning jars match canning jars. You won't have to hope that the Brand X stamp will be close to the Brand Y dies. Stampin' Up! offers coordinating products and bundles them to save you 15%.

5. Need ideas, inspiration, samples? Not likely that the discount store will be offering those, but the catalog, blogs, classes and websites provide unending inspiration!

I just thought I would share a little food for thought. I head over to the craft store with my coupon in hand, can't find the item I went to buy, and I end up buying a bunch of random stuff I didn't even want and I don't know how to use! Don't waste your hard earned pennies on a coupon! Schedule yourself for some fun stamping time--take a class, host a party or attend the fun Spring Shoebox Swap!

No comments:

Post a Comment