Monday, August 6, 2012

Trick Box


 Two tricks, in fact, are used on this box. First, I ran the ribbon from flap down the side, under the box, up the other side and up the other flap. So when you close the box, the flaps are tucked in and it looks like the ribbon goes under the giant bow on top of the box, giving it a finished appearance, and the box opens without damaging the packaging! Nice trick!

ALSO we used the plain circle of rubber of rubber from the center of a stamp to add giant polka dots to the box. So  never toss the excess rubber from your new stamp sets!

These are 3x3" cards and we stamped them while at the Stampin Up convention in July. The envelopes are inked by using a wheel stamp. While this isn't my favorite technique, I just might have to keep the wheels handy to decorate my envelopes. I used to be much more dedicated and always decorated the envelope. But lately I have been sending cards in plain white envelopes, gasp!

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen


No comments:

Post a Comment