Thursday, April 5, 2012

Final Stamp-a-Stack sample

I believe that the pineapple represented hospitality, in olden days.  It is a vague memory I have from my Social Studies classes in grammar school, but I believe these images of the pineapple were used in decor as a welcome symbol.  Which makes me like it even more!

We used Crumb Cake cardstock for this card, which allows me to be OK with the sketchy ink result.  If it was on Whisper White, I would have wanted it to be perfect, crisp, dark and complete, but on the texture of any colored cardstock it is impossible to get that kind of image with this style of stamp. So enjoy the imperfection and include it as a design element!

Then we stamped the sentiment onto DSP. Because there isn't a lot of other pattern or texture going on, the DSP offers a little bit of interest. A couple of oval punches complete the interesting sentiment. The ladies played with this design a bit, moving the image and the sentiment around on their card, turning the card from horizontal to vertical, etc. I think the simplicity allowed them to feel like they could make it "their own."

I hope you enjoyed this trip through our 10 Stamp-a-stack cards. Now it is your turn! Just pick a date on your calendar and invite a couple friends to your place or mine and I'll do all the rest.

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment