Thursday, November 17, 2011

Newsprint Trend

Have you noticed the newsprint trend in stamping? Not only are card makers using newsprint as a background or as a neutral element, but they are stamping right on the newsprint.

I have CASEd a card (sorry, there was no identification on the copy I saved) that uses Autumn Splendor stamp set and Water Color Crayons. I have fallen in love with these crayons. It is so easy to get really deep colors, but have control over it. With markers, it is all or nothing, and that can be great, but here I wanted more control.

Don't look at the sentiment. It is a beautiful old set that Stampin' Up! retired and I have had a hard time letting go. I sold it today, so I won't be tempted any longer!

Don't try stamping on your newspaper pages, the ink will just smear and you will be sad. Grab a piece of DSP from the First Edition Specialty paper set for this technique. Just click on the catalog in the right margin to shop for Designer Series Paper and beautiful stamps!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment