Sunday, September 4, 2011

My Mom and her wreath

Rita's wreath

Are you a blog surfer? I have quite a few favorites, but The Nesterwww.thenester.com is right up at the top of my faves.  She is always showing us tips and tricks for enjoying our homes, just the way they are, or with very affordable decorating ideas. There will be a wreath feature starting today and I'm hoping this beauty will make the cut. I created two of these, one for my Mom and one for my Aunt Louise. The wreath form is covered in black velvet and then costume jewelry. Every piece is from my grandmother's collection. They were languishing in a box in my closet and as much as I loved every single bauble, I never wore them or displayed them. This way, these beauties are out on display all the time and we are reminded of Nana every day. Love it!

Hope you enjoyed this little trip down memory lane, off of the usual rubber stamping topic.
Enjoy the 3 day weekend,
Dee Tollaksen

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I've been wondering what to do to showcase my grandmother's and my mom's pins and other jewelry and this is a great display idea. Much better than hiding in a box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is adorable ~ I love it!

    I am hosting a new linky party on Wednesdays ~ FALL in Love With Your Home. I'd love for you to join in the fun.

    Have a very happy Labor day!

    ReplyDelete