Friday, January 7, 2011

Blog Candy Contest

Free stamp set to a good guesser: I am keeping busy by packing a box of cards for "From Our Hearts" to send to Afghanistan and Iraq. This little group of stampers collects handmade cards, packs them with an envelope into a clear envelope. Then they group them up and ship them to Chaplains deployed in war zones.  Then the military members can come to the chaplain's office, pick through all the cards and select a couple for writing notes to loved ones. The cards stay in perfect shape because they're in plastic envelopes, the soldier gets a free handmade card and the family member gets a little bit of love to treasure. Plus the chaplain gets to offer a blessing over the entire operation. Love it!


You can win a darling hostess set called Silhouette Sentiments, page 11 in the catalog. How? By guessing how many cards are in this box. Here are all the clues I will offer. Each card is already packed with an envelope into a clear envelope. There is one layer of cards. The 4 cards on top of the box are pulled out to give you an idea of the size of the box. You can post your guess in the comments or, if you want to guess "privately" you can email it to me at:  dtollaksen at wideopenwest dot com   Contest ends Monday January 10 at noon.

Good Luck!
Dee Tollaksen

14 comments:

  1. I think there are 244 cards.
    Arlene M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will guess 320 cards. Great thing to do for our troops! jmniffer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guessing 350 - I love that you are doing this. Teresa D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll guess 405 - excellent job.

    Cindy I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say 275 cards... and if I win, please pass the set along to the next closest guess... I don't need the set, but wanted to guess anyway!

    Oh, and cute cards shown too, I LOVE that cute little elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    My guess would be 369. I just found your web site. It was sent to me by a friend. I'm happy to be here.

    Lorrie J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess 536. Can't forget the ones in the middle!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will guess 355 cards are in the box.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to guess 147.

    -Lora K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to put a guess in at 155

    ReplyDelete