Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy New Year Calendar


Does anyone read the words? I write some here, but I'm betting that most of you just pop in, peek at the project and go on your merry way. Maybe if I mention your name.. . what? Oh, I can't remember your name!  I have never had a great memory for details, so it is no surprise that I have begun forgetting calendar items and borrowed items. Really? This DVD is still in our player? Since 4 months ago when I borrowed it from my friend? Yikes!!

When my upline (5 levels up, actually) presented us with this calendar project, I knew she was thinking of me.  Stampin' Up! is offering these DVD cases for those of you who want to strip your rubber off your wood blocks and store it neatly. Of course, someone figured out a great project with the cases.

Just slide a decorated cover into the sleeve on the case, and stick a calendar and some post it notes inside, decorate a pen and Voila! You have a purse sized office that may (or may not) help you remember where you should be and when!

I made a few of these for all my little nephews and nieces, with gift cards stashed inside instead of calendars. And a bigger post it pad, maybe they will use it for Scout memos or homework assignments.

This may be the last post for 2010. My son is going to the courthouse Wednesday to get MARRIED. OMG. Then he will share the holidays with us and his friends and new family, then he is off to . . . Afghanistan. Please pray every day for the safety of all our Armed Forces protecting our freedom.

Happy Holidays!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment