Sunday, October 24, 2010

Golf Trip Journal

My husband commissioned a project! Wow!  I made a Golf Trip Journal for a friend of his and it turned out so cool. I have to admit, right up front, that I used a swap card from convention for the cover. It is perfect, absolutely perfect! And I wasn't provided enough time to order the stamp so I could make it myself, so thank you, so much, to the stamper who swapped with me! I hope my card was useful to you!

The front is a 5 1/2 by 4 1/4" card front, adhered to chipboard with the Stampin' Up! glue stick. This is the perfect adhesive for chipboard to cardstock adhering.  Then I covered the inside of the cover with cardstock as well, and made a back cover the same way. I own a Bind-it-all machine which punches the holes and attaches the metal binding .

Inside I printed Whisper White cardstock with some journaling starters and trimmed the sheets down to quarter page size, perfect for the inside of the journal. I also included a clear envelope for the golfer to store any score cards or pictures he might want to save with his journal. Then on the front I included a small clear cellophane bag that we put a golf pencil and a couple tees as a kind of embellishment.

My husband was very pleased! When he presented the journal to his buddy, the golfer was pleasantly surprised to see how compact it is. He thought it was going to be some big ol' scrapbook thing that he was going to have to pretend to enjoy. So, he was happy with his little present.

Maybe this will inspire you to make a journal for an upcoming life-event, a wedding, vacation, scout campout or even a golf trip!

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment