Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Acetate Flowers

Are you busy this afternoon? Because you really should see this card, in person!  I have a lovely point-and-shoot camera, which works well for my needs, until it comes to acetate. There is no magic "clear plastic" button, so I have to try to figure it out by myself!

This is artist acetate, I think they use it to protect artwork in their portfolio. It is the same product Stampin' Up! offers as Window Sheets. It is fun and different to work with. Here I have stamped with white Stazon ink and Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set, then there is a strip of Kraft cardstock, gorgeous red w/polka dot grosgrain ribbon and the daisy cut on the Big Shot with my new daisy die.  So fun!  The ladies in class were surprised that when they folded the acetate and even used the bone folder to sharpen that fold, the plastic folded, no fight, and no cracks or breaks. Cool.

If you missed this class but want to try this technique, just leave a comment or give me a call.

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment