Sunday, April 4, 2010

Texture Time


After raiding the remnant bin at the fabric store, I have this tempting pile of textures right next to the Big Shot here in the craft room. This sheer white fabric kind of melts under the camera lens, but looks smashing on the card. I cut it using the Flower Folds die, this was one of those $42 purchases that I waited and waited to make. I know what you're thinking. Really, $42? To make flowers? But I have had so much fun with this product! And it works like a dream. Yes, I have sharp scissors. I can cut flowers. But this die in the Big Shot cuts through the fabric and cardstock and chipboard, fast, accurate and gorgeous!

Oh, yea, the card. . . I used the scalloped border punch to create a 12" strip in some white dotted DSP, then ran it through the crimper, then adhered it around a punched circle. Layered it under a corner punched piece of white cardstock, all on a base of Kraft cardstock. A bit of pink, some brushed silver metallic cardstock, just for a bit of bling. Added the pink corduroy button and some large white brads.  Then added some straight lines embossed near the edge. Simple pieces to create quite a complex textured piece!

Beautiful, don't you think? This was inspired by a card in Paper Craft magazine. Thanks for the inspiration!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment