Monday, April 19, 2010

Bye-Bye Barely Banana

I am looking forward to all the fresh new colors Stampin' Up! will be giving us this summer, but there are a couple shades that I will miss. . . such as Barely Banana. So here is a pretty yellow card featuring my yellow friend.

I used an embossing plate to texturize the base of this card. When I first purchased these to use on the Big Shot I wasn't too thrilled. But I needed to refamiliarize myself so I could answer a customer's question, and I think this looks great! The flower is simply a few layers of paper punched with the scallop circle punch, a 1" circle punch and an extra large brad, with a teeny bit of very vanilla grosgrain ribbon at the back of the flower. The DSP is from the Jackpot collection.

Where is the paper in the flower found? Well, if you look closely, you'll see that it is in Japanese and I punched it from the pages in a book I bought at the library used book sale. The Japanese text is so beautiful, I forgot to sponge the edges of this flower with a coordinating ink color. Most stampers would have added the ink, but I just get too distracted when I'm destroying a library book!

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment