Sunday, February 7, 2010

Family Secrets

Fellow demonstrators and stampers: Have you purchased these gorgeous chipboard hearts (or birds or scalloped circles) with the thought that they will make something great? Especially when they are so inexpensive! Me too. They are supposed to inspire creativity, not sit on my table, staring at me accusingly. Reminding me that Valentine's Day is coming and I have not done anything with these great heart shaped chipboards. And of course, on my computer table, there is a recipe. My Grandmother's cookies. Not her favorite cookie, my favorite cookie. I bring them every year to our family Christmas gathering. After at least 15 years of being the only one who has the recipe, I was deluged with requests for Nana's bar cookies. Well, I couldn't just xerox it and mail it, something beautiful needed to be created, right? So finally, I am using the heart shaped chipboard to mount the cookie recipe!  I put a jumbo brad in the pre-punched hole and strung some ribbon through it, thinking the user can dangle it from the cabinet knob while prepping the dough. Hope my Mom and Sister and Cousin enjoy it!
Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment