Friday, January 8, 2010

Bright-n-Bold


Recently I have seen a couple cards that use black as the base, and just let it speak it's piece. I gave it a shot with this simple layout and I'm pleased. This is designed to take to a "Stampin for the Troops" event I'm holding at a local church with their women's group. Lots of ladies that have never touched rubber stamps, so I kept it simple. I have done all the embossing of the flowers from the Fifth Avenue Floral set and trimmed the ribbon too. All they have to do is trim the flowers, stamp the sentiment and add pop dots to everything. If I was making this card for a special occasion, I might emboss the base, add shimmer spray, tie a bow, jazz it up. But for beginners, this looks like a winner. Then the cards will be sent to a lovely woman in Missouri who boxes them up by the hundreds and ships them off to our deployed military. They have no Hallmark stores in Iraq and Afghanistan, so these cards are put to good use!

Let's get stamping!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment