Sunday, July 26, 2009

Convention is just around the corner

Has anyone seen my work table? I can see the legs, but the top has disappeared entirely. There is a huge collection of paper, ink, adhesive, stamps and accessories, but no table. I'm afraid of collapse, all this hard work will weigh it down and it will drop, then the floor will break through and the whole mess will drop through into my kitchen! I know that only happens in cartoons, but really, this messiness goes against my nature. I must finish one project, pack it up and move on to the next!!

Today I thought I would share the tote I made for convention. This is made of two layers of clear vinyl, chipboard, lots of jumbo eyelets and Thoroughly Modern Designer Series Paper. Oh yeah, lots of ribbon! I have an alphabet set from a garage sale that works in the BigShot, and the size of the letters worked perfectly, so don't call asking where to buy these cute bubble letters. They must be 20 years old, from before the BigShot existed!

There are 7 demonstrators travelling together to convention from my local group. We will all be carrying these little beauties on the convention floor, just as a way of showing our "group spirit." Lots of other women wear matching t-shirts or crazy hats. We wanted to match, but not look like fraternity boys, so this is our "matching" item.
Certainly you wish you had one of these, right? More likely, you would like to join us for 5 days of travel and camaraderie, training, swapping, stamping and FUN in Salt Lake City, right? Remember that there is a great value on the starter kit right now. For way under $100 you can join Stampin' Up! with a mini-starter kit, with ink, stamps, paper and business supplies. If you purchase the full starter kit, you will receive all the In-Color stamp pads as a bonus. Join with me and I will gift you with some fabulous surprises to help kickstart your business, and you'll be able to go to convention with me and my girls next summer!

This week I will be sharing some convention swaps that will be going into this tote. Stick around!
Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen


1 comment:

  1. What an absolutely faboulous tote. How did you make it? Did it take long? Can you friends make one just like it? Oh wait, I have one. Mine is just not as faboulous or as done!! I can't wait till convention.

    ReplyDelete