Wednesday, April 29, 2009

DCBD 125 Sketch Challenge

Good Heavens, what happened to this week?  Saturday was the shoebox I co-hosted, Sunday was preparing for and Monday was the Blog Hop, and suddenly, it is Wednesday--DCBD challenge!!  
I am trying to compile some graduation cards, since my youngest child is a senior in HS.  And some cards should be good for demonstrations, so this sketch sent me back to my roots, a 5-minute card that looks great!  And yes, blue and orange are school colors, so I'm working within those constraints.  The sentiment comes from the Great Grads stamp set and the vellum is from the fantastic Taste of Textiles collection. Of course, the BigShot was used to add the dots to the base card.  

I hope you'll join in the challenge today--visit all the DCBD blogs, then grab your supplies and make a card and post it to your blog or SplitCoast and link it to our home blog by clicking on the logo at right.

Have a great stamping day,
Dee Tollaksen

9 comments:

  1. Nice job on the challenge. Your embossing really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it was an easy card for you this week - easy is great sometimes! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Dee, great graduation card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I like that color combo! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous. This image lends itself perfectly for this sketch! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is great! love how you combined the vellum with this card! its a great addition!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete