Wednesday, April 1, 2009

DCBD 121


Hello DCBD visitors! So glad to have a busy day on my blog! Come see me all week long, there is lots of inspiration to be had, here in my blog world!

This is DCBD challenge 121, a sketch challenge.  The tall rectangle cried out for a flower on a stem, I'll bet we see a bunch of flowers on stems today!  This one goes back to my starter kit as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator! Heartfelt Thanks stamp set got lots of ink the first year I did demonstrations, what great memories!

Colors today are Kraft, pink pirouette and kiwi kiss, with a bit of rose red for highlight. Some Bella Rose DSP, sell-a-bration ribbon and for a punch of color: gorgeous matching buttons from the Designer Buttons collection.

Hope you're inspired to join us, or at least check out everyone's contribution for this sketch. Go on over to the DCBD blog, the link is at right on my main page. From there you can link to everyone's blogs. Leave me a comment before you go, and then let everyone else know what you think as well!
Have a great day!   
Dee Tollaksen

9 comments:

  1. I love the colors and the sketch. Hmmm...What can I use to make a card with this sketch? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty and soft. Nice job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on this sketch Dee! I just don't pull that stamp set out anymore... might have to consider it with your inspiration! Love the ribbon on your horizontal pieces and the buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card! I don't have that stamp set... I joined during a promotion with a smaller kit :D But that's a very versatile set.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that flower image in soft pink pirouette! :)
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fresh take on an old favorite. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card... really like the colors that you used... adn the flower with the stem looks perfect on that block!! ;~))
    Denise from OHio
    Phil4:13

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those red buttons really make the whole thing just pop!

    ReplyDelete