Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sympathy Cards for sale!

This is a single layer card, also CAS (clean and simple) that completes my order for a local restaurant/caterer.  The stamp set is Pocket Silhouettes, one of my favorites, and the sentiment comes from Close as a Memory. The technique is Reverse Masking: I use a piece of watercolor paper, because it is so durable, and cut a window in the paper; then use a sponge to apply ink to the edges of the opening, surrounding the stamped image.  I find this to be a great technique for stampers who haven't completely jumped on the bandwagon: they want to buy some ink, stamps and paper but don't want to buy everything in the Idea Book & Catalog. 
Add a little ribbon to the card and it is very elegant and yet simple!
Have a great weekend! My DD is coming home today from a week-long trip to Florida with the church youth group, I'm looking forward to my household returning to the crazy pace of a high school senior!
Dee Tollaksen


1 comment:

  1. Love these beautiful sympathy cards!!! I love clean and simple stamping!!!

    ReplyDelete