Wednesday, March 18, 2009

DCBD 119



The Stampin' Up! mini catalog will be available April 1, and some of the sets are just too darn cute! Wagon Full of Fun offers this cute chick and the Easter eggs that I used here. This card also has lots of products and techniques, plus some beautiful twill ribbon from the Sell-a-Bration ribbon bundle! 
Hope this inspires you to try the challenge and upload your card to the DCBD page using the Mr Blinky tool. Be sure to check out all the Diva's blogs for more fabulous inspiration artwork! http://divacoffeebreakdesigns.blogspot.com/
 
Details: the Bashful Blue panel went through the BigShot using texture plate, so in person you can see sweet swirls and flowers on the main part of the card. The darling duck has sparkle on her wing and ribbon and I stamped the sentiment onto the ribbon using Stazon ink.  The eggs  were stamped on cardstock, touched up with markers then embossed with clear embossing powder to make them really shine.  Once I finally decided how to interpret the circle part of the challenge, I really had fun making this card!
Hope you are inspired!
Dee Tollaksen

9 comments:

  1. VERY cute! Love the duck, he's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I'm having fun with that set too! :D Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW CUTE! Look at all that sparkle and shine! An awesome Easter card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on the circle--that was hard for me. Really cute card. That duck is just adorable, I can't wait to try him out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent way to make this sketch your own! I love the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the eggs for the circle....very creative! The glitter is glam, too!

    ReplyDelete