Wednesday, February 25, 2009

DCBD 116, color challenge


Todays DCBD challenge is to use the colors Glorious Green, Basic Gray, Whisper White and Tempting Turquoise.  Unfortunately, I do not keep anything Gray in my craft supplies. What's up with that? So I had to figure out a suitable substitute, and I couldn't find any Designer Series Paper to fit the bill, so I went with silver. Very bling-bling! I used my Tempting Turquoise ink pad to dye my flowers from the pretties kit, brought in a jeweled brad to keep with the "bling" style, tied on the ribbon from the Sell-a-Bration ribbon bundle and embossed the fern from my current favorite stamp set, le Jardin Botanique.
From the same stamp set, I inked up the flower with markers, stamped once, then misted the stamp with water, stamped again, misted again, stamped a third time. This gives the variety of depth of color and the three unique flowers.  Can't leave out the BigShot, I die cut the little leaves to add the sentiment.
Don't forget to go to our main blog to be able to link to all the Senior Diva's cards and see all the new Junior Diva's cards! (just click on the logo at right) Then create your own and share with us on your blog, splitcoast or email it to me for publication!
Dee Tollaksen

15 comments:

  1. What a creative idea to use silver embossing! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea substituting the silver for basic gray... but now you know, you MUST have Basic Gray in your stamping wardrobe- it's a necessity!

    I like how you rounded just two corners of your focal point- that adds some flow and interest!

    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful--love the pretties!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a nice job of improvising. We all have to do that sometimes. Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you used the flowers, very nice card! Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flowers! I don't do gray either...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the embossing! great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea using the Silver - definitely thinking outside the box! Very pretty card! Love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the silver embossing! I thought it was an excellent substitute!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  10. The card you designed is really very pretty, I liked all the detail you put into the card!! WOW! The silver embossing put it over the top.. way to go!
    Denise from OHio
    Phil 4:13

    ReplyDelete