Wednesday, February 4, 2009

DCBD113


Le Jardin Botanique is a brand new stamp set in the Spring-Summer Idea Book & Catalog from Stampin' Up. I was struggling to decide between three different tree sets in the new catalog, and this little beauty won out. It was kind of a spur of the moment inspiration, but I think I made the right choice. You will be seeing more of this set in the near future, I'm sure. 
This card is my Wednesday challenge piece. I had fun choosing techniques and embellishments from all over my stamp room! There is a brand new ribbon on the face. I used my new circle dies to cut the window and border around it (the BigShot die cutter is from Stampin' Up! but the circle dies are from another source.) I used paper piercing tools along the left edge and upper right corner. Blender pens let me add a teeny bit of color to the berries and leaves. All the paper and ink are in Cameo Coral and Old Olive. The berry image then has Iridescent Ice adhered using VersaMark ink (yes, I think I finally have this trick mastered).  Let's see what you can do with this inspiring card layout.  Please link to your blog in a comment or email me your version and I'll post it! Want more inspiration, be sure to check out the blogs of my fellow Diva's, links are at right in the sidebar.

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty Dee- I love that technique! Very sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee, I love your card! The glitter really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple yet gorgeous! I just love that ribbon! Great job Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a soft and subtle card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The small sample picture didn't do the card justice. I'm glad we were able to see a larger photo! The card is VERY pretty! LOVE the bling!

    ReplyDelete