Wednesday, January 14, 2009

DCBD 110 Color Challenge



Photography just doesn't help this kind of card! This is a staircase or stairstep card, and lots of the details are lost in the picture: each level has shells and stars, the spritzer effect looks sandy and beachy, everything is popped up for dimension. Really cute card, great to watch the recipient turn it all around and look at it from all angles. It's even lots of fun to make. I can be this complimentary because it is largely CASEd--from a talented stamper in Susan Gardner's downline. I wish the original had her name on it somewhere, but it doesn't. If you know the artist, leave a comment and I'll be happy to give credit!

Today's color challenge was to use Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, Kraft and Close to Cocoa on a project. The lovely bedroom set at right was the inspiration. I hope you take time today to be inspired by these colors to make your own creation and share with us! The Coffee Break Diva's blogs should all be giving you an inspiration as well, just click on their names to jump to their blogs.
Stay warm, Chicago is experiencing a dangerously low temperature today, I will be staying home as much as possible! Give me a call and let's stamp together!
Dee Tollaksen

6 comments:

  1. Great job Dee! Wish I could see it in person to see all those details! These are fun cards to make- I need to try one again... it's been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Dee! I almost pulled out that set to use, too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card. I like how you used the spritzer for the sand. It adds a lot to your card. I also like the stamp set you used and the type of card you made. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these little stair step cards. They're so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found my way to your blog via Connie Babert's page. It's the first time I've taken the time to check out the Diva cards.

    Your Crabby card is sooo cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dee the card is adorable!! You're right sometimes photography just doesn't do a card justice!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete