Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Grumpy goes Grinning!


First  entry for the Divas Coffee Break Design Team Sketch Challenge!  I went for  the very happy transformation of the grumpy bear in the stamp set  Under the Stars. He just seems like such a cute bear, but then he has a frown on his forehead -- so I eliminated the frown with a very jaunty santa hat, borrowed from  Crab & Co. The presents also came from Crab & Co., I used masking to stack them and then a white gel pen to dot 'em.  If you look closely you can see that I crimped my Ski Slope Designer Series Paper, just a little more texture.  The BigShot got to join in the fun, creating the Joy cutout. A little creative punching let me add the bottom right element, without going straight for my drawer of brads!
So, now it's your turn! Can you interpret the sketch into a card or scrapbook page? Would you 
like to see more inspiration cards?  Just click on the names in the right margin of this page, under the Divas Coffee Break Design Team Logo. Each of us has committed to posting an inspiration image every Wednesday, so come back and join in the fun. 
 If you post a card, please leave a comment here with your blog link so I can check out your creativity!
Good Luck, Dee Tollaksen


7 comments:

  1. Wow, you really put a lot of thought and work into this. It is so cute- and funny how you made Mr. Grumpy into Mr. Happy! How clever to use the stamps from Crab & Co. too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love they way you dressed up this bear to make him look happy. I never would have thought of using that stamp set to make a holiday card. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this little bear! And he's awesome for Christmas! Awesome Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the bear Dee - you did a super job with the card! I didn't think about this stamp being so versatile!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOO cute! I don't have this bear set, but you almost have me over the edge in buying it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so cute. I love the bear. Everyone has come up with very clever ideas.

    ReplyDelete