Sunday, January 8, 2017

Hey, Chick! Have a Happy Day!

Girls, when I get worked up enough to blog about something, it definitely means that it is a highlight, that this product deserves a looky-loo, that my shorts are in a twist and I need to share it!

Today I have three items I'm going to tell you about, two you can buy and one you can get free! So listen up and start making your list. And if you don't have your Stampin' Up! Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs, put that at the top of the list, to comment or email me and get your hands on a copy so you can see all the rest of the fantastic products we have this season!!!

The Hexagon Dynamic Textured Impression embossing folder, henceforth known as the Hexagon EF, is fabulous! You put your cardstock inside the folder and run it through your BigShot and it comes out so deeply embossed, without damaging the paper, perfect for chicken wire backgrounds! Or beehives, geometry, or your masculine workshop backgrounds, which is where you will find it in the Occasions catalog. Feel free to use it as a general purpose background,  and if you think of any others keep me informed! We are told that if you spritz the cardstock with plain water before embossing, the impression will be even deeper, but I haven't taken the time to find my spritzer (or wait for the paper to dry) so I am going on faith there.

Stampin' Up! has caught up to the coloring craze and brought a set of Water Color Pencils into the product line. We have 13 pencils, from white to black with each basic color in-between, matched to our colors, Melon Mamba for example, so we can color these darling chickens with pencils that match the card stock and then use the aqua painter or blender pens to soften the brush strokes, or blend the colors: because the pencils are water colors! So fantastic! Can you see how I used the black and blue pencils to make a shadow around each of the chicks and softened it with a blender pen? It is nice and subtle, but it makes me look like I know what I'm doing, ha!
Obviously I don't really know what I'm doing, I gave that last chicken a purple head. . . are there purple headed chickens? That would be crazy! But fun!

So the 3rd product today is the Hey, Chick Stamp Set, which is a freebie--you can't but it! You can only get it free during Sale-a-bration, from now til the end of March when you place a qualifying order. The deal is for every $50 of merchandise you purchase, you can select a free product from the special brochure and this stamp set is featured. The wood version of the set is already on back order, so definitely quite popular! I want to give you these chicks, or the Food Trucks, or the Carried Away DSP! Please contact me (by comment below or email or call me! ESP is so unreliable!) and I will set up your party at my place or yours, on FaceBook or in person! Let's get crafty together!


While you're waiting for your catalog to arrive, feel free to click on the links at the right so you can shop on line. . . of course you can shop on line any time, day or night! Place your $50 order and I will send you a nice little gift for shopping with me and Stampin' Up! will encourage you to select a Sale-a-bration item! Place any size order and I will send you a thank you card, of course!

Happy Stampin'
Dee Tollaksen



No comments:

Post a Comment