Monday, April 10, 2017

Who dresses like this?



 Have you noticed a trend to flashy accessories? Hmm. I have. I want to be on-board, but not too much, you know what I mean, right? Mr Llama too. He is 29 again, so he is going with the classics, all black with a touch of copper heat-embossing, flashy but classy! This is my swap card that I brought to the OnStage Stampin' Up! event in Minneapolis this past weekend. It seemed well-received, I didn't get any swap-snob reactions, which is always a relief! I have a stack of cute swaps that I received, so I will photograph and post, as soon as the sun comes out and I have a few minutes.

I am also posting my friend the lucky elephant, also showing off some tassles heat embossed in clear embossing powder. We made this card at Stamp Club and found the Night of Navy ink was slow to dry, s
o sprinkling the embossing powder and heating it not only made it dry immediately but also makes the card brighter and shiny! Then we added a little row of sequins and a smidge of glimmer paper from the Sale-a-Bration freebies. Yes, everyone likes to dress up in a little fancy somethin' somethin'!

The retirement list gets posted today, so if you have a wish list or if you have InColor ink pads but no re-inkers, better get yourself over to the website and get an order going. The inks will sell out quick and you don't want to be left high and DRY!! Click here!

And today is April 10 -- the deadline to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin for the current month, April. And this is a special month. Sara Douglass, our CEO has designed the card kit in the subscription box this month and she has included a special gift. We got a peek at the cards and they are sassy and fun! No peek at the gift though, sorry! Here is a fast click to help you subscribe!

Next photo shows me (pardon the weird squint) and my dear friend Katie Walton looking all glamorous in our sweaters and coats in the chilly conference center in Minneapolis. We won a stamp set in the Prize Patrol and while it is fantastic and we can't wait to share it with you, Stampin' Up! has sworn us to secrecy for just a little while--unless you come over in person to see me, which you are welcome to do!




And finally, the most extreme case of "Who Dresses Like This?" Mr Minneapolis--he was waiting for the light to change, we were waiting for the light to change and I happened to have my phone/camera handy--a near miracle! Elton John or Liberace? No, I don't think so, but definitely a good guess!

Clear your schedule and RSVP for the fun Cool Treats class I'm holding this Wednesday night. It promises to be a good time and I would love for you to join us! Although Mr Mpls won't be there, we can all dress with pizzazz!

Happy Stampin'
Dee Tollaksen



No comments:

Post a Comment