Monday, December 5, 2016

Sharing First round of Christmas Swap Cards

How much stuff can we fit into our lives? This must be the challenge given to us before the stork drops us into our mother's loving arms. "Go: be busy! Do everything you can!" Because I feel like I can never say no or sit quietly, I'm always go, go, going! And I wouldn't have it any other way!

On Sunday I gathered with a few of my favorite crafty friends for a Christmas Card Shoebox Swap.  Each person designed a card and brought all the prepared supplies for each of our friends to make a copy of the card. Then we worked our way around the room making one of every card. Then we had lunch, everyone got a door prize -- something nice from the Stampin' Up! catalog -- and a swag bag filled with a few unique and crafty items, and we were out the door with our shoeboxes by 1:00. It is always awesome to have a bakers dozen cards designed by friends that we can study, copy, keep or send!

The first one here, I brought. I CASEd it from the Stampin' Dolce blog. She is a Stampin' Up! Artisan this year and posts beautiful work. Next (alphabetically) is Debbie with a fab Santa card in Real Red. I left off all the sparkly glitter that Debbie provided, so I wouldn't have to fuss with the drying time. But imagine it with loads of sparkle. (I'll add that before I mail it out)

Third is Barb, Debbie's sister (what happened to my alphabet?), with lots of layers and a sweet gingerbread girl. Debbie and Barb are the driving force behind this Shoebox Swap. They are great motivators for me!


 Ringing in next is Roberta (clearly the alphabet is totally gone) with the beautiful bells card.  She did us the favor of stamping all the bells and embossing them ahead of time. Thanks so much Bert!

Final card today is from Carole (I think -- correct me if I'm wrong) with happy snowman under the winter tree.

Such a fantastic variety of beautiful cards! And I have two more rounds to share with you. Hopefully in a timely manner!

Don't forget that Stampin' Up! is offering us some great prices on year end close-out products. Many are current catalog items, some are holiday catalog products, and some are retired items. But all are top notch and at clearance prices! Click here to be directed to the clearance page online. Enjoy!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen






No comments:

Post a Comment