Monday, January 11, 2016

Join this Club, for your Health

 It is January, and all across the nation, health clubs are busting at the seams with folks who are determined to shape up and they sign up for a membership at the gym. For some of us, we have learned that paying the membership is not enough! LOL

If you hate doing it, it isn't likely that you will make it part of you life and it isn't likely to succeed. But, if you join a club that you love -- that's a whole different story.

Once a month I host a group of stampers and we make 3 cute cards and spend an hour or two crafting together. It is good for our mental health and we have made great friendships! Plus it is much less expensive than the gym membership, at just $15 a month. We meet on the first Wednesday of the month, at 1:00 , 3:30 and at 7:00 and members can pop in at any of the three meeting times.

These are two of the cards we made this month. Happy Birthday showcases the new Occasions catalog set Party Wishes and the matching embossing folder and the cute punches. There is a punch for the little candles and also a cupcake and a balloon in the set.

The second card features the Sale-a-Bration set Flowering Fields that I received FREE when I went to the Stampin' Up! OnStage event in Milwaukeee. At Stamp Club we heat embossed it on vellum card stock and mounted it over a small panel of white onto a base that we had watercolor painted. Hoo boy, I had the ladies out of their comfort zone this month!

I seem to have missed taking a picture of the third card, so I have to go back and try again because it is gorgeous!

Instead I have snarky Santa for you. December got away from me, so I didn't want to let this little treat go undocumented. I used the Envelope maker board thingy to fold vellum and tie it up with gorgeous ribbon off the clearance rack then I stuffed it with tissue paper I snipped with my Fringe Scissors. The Santa candies were found at WalMart and had such a funny face! This treat holder was the perfect size to present gift cards for all the teenagers on my gift list this Christmas.

If you are thinking of joining a Club and live near me in Arlington Heights, or you just want a free stamp set during Sale-a-Bration, let's talk! Leave a comment here or shoot me an email,  deetollaksen@gmail.com

Happy Stamping!
Dee


1 comment:

  1. Great cards and way more fun than the health club!!!

    ReplyDelete