Monday, September 21, 2015

Animal Prints + Glitter = classic combo

What is today's date? I am so totally flummoxed! Days are flying by, one day it is hot and summer, another it is cool and autumn, then we will have three solid days of Noah-style hard rain flooding the town so nothing gets accomplished. And suddenly it is September 21st!

We had out-of-town visitors this weekend, my darling grandson is in from Arizona because so many young people are getting married. My son and DIL had two weddings to attend, splitting their time and letting the sweet baby visit both sets of grandparents. And another weekend flies by as if time has no respect for our need to soak up baby love and family hugs from children who live far away. Sigh.

So finally, here are the final cards from Stamp Club for September. We had a circle theme happening, by coincidence. As my planning was underway, I realized this was happening and I went with it. I figured I would show how versatile the circle framelits are and that many sentiments could be used with a circle shape.  The top card was offered with the butterfly or with leaves using Farmers Market DSP, allowing members to have a feminine or masculine style card.

The second card shown here was more sparkly with quite a bit of gold glimmer paper used. the front of the card is cut short and the DSP (designer series paper) is actually adhered INSIDE the card so it is showing  or peeking out. The top flowery paper is from English Garden pack and the bottom card is from the 6x6" paper stack Go Wild.

Roberta had just finished telling us that her son thinks she should stop wearing shirts with animal prints or glitter because of her age -- when I blithely suggest this card would be perfect as a masculine all-occasion card. She thought she could use it to send to him and tell him she was going to keep wearing what she likes to wear. LOL

Our next Stamp Club gathering is Wednesday October 7 at 1:00, 3:30 and 7:00. You are welcome to join us, just RSVP so I have cards prepped for you! Comment here or give me a shout!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen


No comments:

Post a Comment