Sunday, October 26, 2014

Very basic Black & White card pops for Christmas

Today you have to read the words, and then you have to go beyond the pretty picture.

I love cruising through the blogs, looking at the cards and projects posted on all the demonstrators sites, I can browse through 50 sites in half an hour, picking up 2 or 3 projects that I will copy. This is actually one that I found on a blog.

But when you actually sit down and play with it, everything changes. This is actually a black and white card. Really! With a pop of red! And just a hint of green/yellow. Right? Do you see it?  I have covered the base of the card with a pretty b&w pattern, and a panel of basic black cardstock. Then I stamped the fireplace from the photopolymer set Get Your Santa On and added that white panel. I used a narrow strip of the wonderful Under the Tree Specialty DSP popped up on dimensional adhesive dots and a gathered length of red ribbon for some texture.

Just adding the strip of DSP (designer series paper) and the ribbon completely transforms the card into a colorful and cheerful Christmas card. Of course, the punchline of Santa being stuck in the fireplace helps too!

Now that it is less than two months til Christmas, are you getting serious about your Christmas cards? I'm here to help! Leave a comment, send an email or give me a call. Or just go shop in my online shop. I'm at your disposal!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment